Wednesday, December 5, 2007

How does technology affect education?

Pros:
Easily organized
Fast moving documents
Easily attainable resources

Cons:
Different technological levels=different levels of education
Confusing directions/aspects for some students
Complications due to lack of home technology

Overall I would say that technology has done nothing but improve the learning environment. When I say "technology" I pretty much mean computers and the internet. Sure pencils, paper, and calculators are great, but seriously, you can access untold amounts of information with a few clicks of the mouse. Of course I say this having attended high school in one of the more affluent and priviledged areas of the country. I constantly had access to computers for whatever means necessary, almost every room in my high school had at least two. However, now at a later point in my education I realize that the implementation of easily accessible technoloyy in the classroom has created a rift between those lucky enough to have it and those who didn't.

No comments: