Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Cloth Escape

I’m just a towel.
I’m simply used for drying things off.
I sit through life mostly unused and underappreciated, waiting until I become too pilly or worn and simply discarded
Or perhaps then I’ll be torn up into dust rags, still with a singular use but even less admiration
I’m just a towel.
I can wipe away the perspiration, the reminder that you were just the means toward glory for another.
I will gladly take your tears and muffle your sobs.
I can provide the comfort for your failure that no living thing ever could
And provide an escape from the cruel world that drove you into my French terry folds to begin with.
I’m just a towel.

3 comments:

ruggermichigan3 said...

very deep and very personal at the same time. That a towel can be something more than a towel.

Ryan Miller said...

I love towels, deeply.

Lynley Culver said...

So turns out I work from 10-4 on Friday. If you still want to work on portfolio stuff it would have to be after that. I realize I could just call you or talk to you at class, which is in like...2 hours. But I'm lazy. So there.